Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Deeper

Just recently i was told to think positively. A book called The Secret says "think positive thoughts and the universe will respond accordingly" But is that the truth? Are the starving kids in Africa a example of negative thoughts? What is that book trying to say, we control our destiny? No, i don't think so... But what do we have control over in our lives? I have my own thoughts on what we control; we control our thought, actions and surroundings. With these controlled actions we can pre-determine where and how our lives will go. Its simple if we hang around a drug dealer, we will be one; if we hang around someone rich, you will be rich(or a stalker). But what happens when you become a Christian... when you are living for someone else what choice do you have? I live for my God; and his will is mine. So now where are MY thoughts?... With him... what are MY actions?... of him... what are MY surroundings?... my church family. So who is in control now? Me or God... I have a choice to follow or run away. But if I live for him I have to believe that his plan for me is better then my own and he will bless me.
So the point i am trying to make is, thinking positive will only get you so far in life. Because God needs us to break and fall down at his feet. And if we just ignore all the bad in the world and try to make everything good and positive we will miss the opportunity to minister to otheres when they are down. Because when im going through a tough time, someone saying "think positively" makes me want to hit them in the face. Sorry to say but that doesnt help me. Its a good idea, but I feel that is a easy way out of trying to be real and deeper with another person.
Just my thoughts.

No comments: