Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Pain

Where is the "hurt" in our city? Have you ever really gone looking for hurt people? Why do these feelings seem so vacant in the world? WE as people are so self centered we focus on our situation and nothing else. I am no saint by any means. The reason I bring this up is because, this weekend I encounter a hypodermic Methamphetamine syringe. I guess some homeless person left it there for safe keeping. But when i thought about it, i looked around and noticed everything around me to play the role of the clean self conscious city. But if we look I know we can find that hurt and helplessness. I have to applaud those street evangelists that go out into those dark allies to save a soul for Jesus. I don't think I'm writing this to say we all need to grab our shield and sword and go be street evangelists. But that we should know that the world out side is a place full of hurt and pain. And that we should keep our eyes open to that. Pray for these people in the world that suffer the pain and hurt it brings. I needed that reminder because some times we grow callus to the hurt and pain of the world and that's when the miracles of God seem to fade away and the clarity of God leaves us.

34It's like a man going away: He leaves his house and puts his servants in charge, each with his assigned task, and tells the one at the door to keep watch.

35"Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back—whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawn. 36If he comes suddenly, do not let him find you sleeping. 37What I say to you, I say to everyone: 'Watch!' " Mark 13:34-37 NIV

No comments: